Design and Facilitate Effective MeetingsMeetings That Work Brochure
Pre-Requisite : None *
Meetings That Work is included in the Professional Facilitator Program, and the Advanced Facilitator Program.
Get more from meetings than you ever thought possible with best practices from professional facilitators. Turn meetings into “events” that people want to attend, increase participation and get the best input and results from everyone.
Meetings That Work is for anyone who leads or attends lots of meetings and will provide you with professional tips, templates and practical tools to increase commitment to action, and handle difficult or controversial items.
This course has been endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators (IAF) as part of the Professional Facilitator Program to lead you to become a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF). MTW alone covers many of the competencies required by the IAF.
Design and run great meetings
- Create engaging agendas
- Construct meaningful processes
- Increase group participation and productivity
- Make group decision making more effective
Create a Participatory Environment
- Use diversity to make everything interesting
- Deal with difficult situations
- Get the very best results
- Develop teamwork and follow-through
Gain Confidence as a Facilitative Leader
- Learn best practice tools and techniques
- Enhance meaningful participation
- Communicate more effectively in groups
Participation and involvement
- Great meetings
- Participation at its best
- Levels of involvement in decision making
- Facilitating brainstorming
- Elements of dialogue
- Asking questions
- Planning for agenda items in meetings
- Creating facilitation plans for agenda items
Designing meetings and events
- Keys to healthy communication
- Preparing for meetings
- Creating meeting designs
- Meeting planning
- Stages in the group’s journey
- Facilitator’s role
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Personal action planning
- Organizational leaders and managers responsible for strategic and operational planning meetings.
- Project managers responsible for guiding a whole project cycle.
- Team leaders responsible for organizational operations and project implementation.
- Community leaders responsible for planning and implementing action campaigns.
- Government officials responsible for program development, project implementation and policy formation.
- Facilitators responsible for enabling group productivity.
Plan, prepare for and facilitate productive meetings with best professional tools and approaches available.
- Dialogue approach
- Ladder of participation
- Effective flipcharting
- Product oriented agenda design
Play the role of meeting facilitator more effectively and get results that generate confidence and motivation in the whole team. Turn meetings into events.
- Process and its elements
- Tips for effective communication
- Event design and orchestration
- STEPS model
Throughout the course, there are valuable tools, contexts and guidelines that will deepen your capacities as a leader, facilitator and coach.
- 72 facilitation tools
- Seven intelligences
- Working with difficult behaviours.
I am surprised at how many teams and organizations still have meetings with no agenda. Meetings are among the largest time wasters when done poorly and are the catapults to success when done well. Meetings That Work is a gem of a course that breaks down meetings in all their components and teaches you how to do them the right way.
I make plans, hold meetings and conduct research using ICA’s methods of participation. They are the best methods around to involve people in groups in making sense of lots of information and making decisions about action.
Meeting That Work was impactful and I came away with increased knowledge and skills in architecting and planning better meetings. The course also provided me with useful frameworks and tools to be able to engage clients more proactively in planning as well as to improve participation and outcomes. The learning experience was a good mix of theory, sharing of real-life experiences and hands-on application.