Engage strategic thinking into planning to lead to breakthroughTransformational Strategy Online Brochure
Pre-Requisite : Group Facilitation Methods or GFM Online *
*Transformational Strategy (previously Facilitated Planning) or Transformational Strategy Online is part of the Facilitative Leadership Program and the Advanced Facilitator Program.
Maximize innovation, creativity and flexibility of your organization’s strategies by weaving stakeholder perspectives into your long range plans. Diverse input will build commitment and action into the transformation.
Transformational Strategy is for executives, managers, and consultants who must enhance a group's potential to think and act strategically and empower them to act immediately.
This courses introduces you to strategic planning and, perhaps more importantly, to strategic thinking. ICAs participatory strategic planning process allows you to facilitate consensus and weave diverse perspectives into a common plan.
This course demonstrates the power of the Technology of Participation ToP® Strategic Planning used in thousands of organizations world-wide and is required as a Certified ToP Facilitator.
July 20: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
Transformational Strategy Online
July 23 to 26: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET
Pattern (Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs) is the same for all Starting Dates
Participatory strategic planning increases innovation and commitment so that major transformations and smaller projects can be implemented quickly and even modified if the environment or situation changes.
Facilitate innovative strategic thinking
- Engage multiple perspectives in productive dialogue
- Enable groups to create innovative, well conceived plans
- Groups prepared for immediate implementation
Focus energy and commitment toward positive results
- Practical action plans with schedules and assignments.
- Expanded responsibility for action, follow through, results and learning.
- Accomplishments that exceed expectations.
Build solid teams that work together
- Improve communication among members of the group
- Build solid, lasting consensus
- Develop common purpose and motivation
Faster more flexible implementation
- Quicker modification when situations change.
- roups prepared for immediate implementation.
You can participate from anywhere in the world with high-speed internet access. We use an interactive online environment with built-in audio that enables full participation.
The course has four 120-minute online sessions, and an hour or so of offline participant reading and application exercises after each session. The 4 sessions are scheduled on consecutive, sequential days within one week. A course manual and worksheets are provided
The Focused Conversation Method
- Overview of strategic planning
- Strategic thinking – a 4 step process
- Facilitating a vision workshop
- Keys to creating a shared vision
- Facilitating an underlying obstacles workshop
- Contradictional thinking and transformation
- Facilitating a strategic directions workshop
- Generating strategies that transform
- Implementation schemes
- Facilitating an action planning workshop
- Keys to effective action planning
- Adaptations of the model
- Personal strategic planning
Introducing Blackboard Collaborate – Participate in an hour-long introduction session before the course begins to be familiar with the course online technology.
All sessions – A commitment to full time participation in all the online sessions and the homework exercises.
Real practice – You will need to do homework exercises between sessions, and be prepared to share what you have learned.
- High-speed internet access
- A USB computer headset with a microphone
- Java – the most recent version
- Access to tech support
- Executives, directors who are responsible for an entire company or community in long range visioning or strategic planning.
- Managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group's potential to think and act strategically and empower them to act immediately.
- Consultants who work with many organizations or communities on strategic planning, action planning or transformation.
- Leaders who must create participatory plans with groups.
This course demonstrates the power of the Technology of Participation ToP® Strategic Planning used in thousands of organizations and communities world-wide which is required as a Certified ToP Facilitator
Transformational Strategy Online course focuses on 4 workshops that compose a strategic thinking process.
- Practical Visioning – create a shared vision of the future with any group.
- Contradictional and Root Cause Analysis – safely identify barriers preventing success
- Strategy Development – generate innovative strategies that lead to success using a group’s creativity
- Action Plans – develop practical action plans that inspire commitment and immediate implementation.
Each session includes:
- Demonstration of the process
- Theory behind the methods
- Exploration of how the process can be applied
- Examples from real experience that reveal practices that lead to success.
- Variations for different situations.
You will be able to apply these skills in both online and in face-to-face meetings.
I use all my ICA facilitated learning day to day in meetings, coaching, workshops. I will be leading a strategic plan in the next few weeks and I am excited about that.
I really enjoyed learning a “method” that was simple and made sense that brought out facilitation process, participation from the group and created a leadership style that people could relate to and feel included and valued.