Develop and lead multi-session events. Endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators.Facilitating ClientCollaboration brochure
This 2 day course shows how to collaborate with a client about all their needs, co-discover their big challenges, co-manage a robust facilitation intervention, contracting with the client and evaluating the results. Packed with tools, templates and sophisticated assessment methods Facilitating Client Collaboration will prepare you to launch your facilitation practice. Covers 3 of the 6 IAF Competencies to help prepare you for IAF certification.
Facilitators must be able to lead longer term interventions for their clients. This could include consultations, planning, conferences and change initiatives.
You will learn how to assess, design and manage these interventions by creating them collaboratively with a client team. In this course, you will learn the practical approaches and skills to tackle work from contracting to evaluation.
The course is endorsed by the International Association of Facilitators to cover 3 of the 6 Competencies assessed to become a Certified Professional Facilitator: Create Collaborative Relationships, Build and Maintain Professional Knowledge, Model Positive Professional Attitude.
Facilitating Client Collaboration is for any facilitator or consultant who must engage their client in thinking through complex interventions.
This course will build confidence with skills and approaches for working with a client to manage multi-sessions events effectively.
Learn how to propose a full scale facilitated solution to a client need .
Create collaborative client relationships
- Develop working partnerships
- Manage multi-session events effectively
Evoke group creativity
- Assess the organizational environment and client needs.
- Determine client challenges and solutions.
- Use innovation approaches that fit the abilities of the group.
Best practices for working together
- Develop consensus on tasks, deliverables and roles
- Model professional boundaries
- Templates from contracting to evaluation
Facilitating Client Collaboration uses real case studies from master practitioners to prepare you for your facilitation profession.
- Ethics, values and the power of facilitation
- Conversations and rapport with clients
- Assessments and ToP participatory client assessment
- Co-discovering client challenges
- Creativity and creative facilitation approaches
- Managing events and milestone mapping
- Contracting with a client
- Participatory evaluation
- Client communication
- Facilitators and consultants who want to work with a client to develop complex or long term interventions
- Managers, supervisors and staff who must enhance a group’s potential to create generate solutions to long term situations.
- Leaders who must design participatory processes with groups.
This course demonstrates competetencies that are needed by IAF as a Certified Professional Facilitator, and by ICA as a Certified ToP Facilitator.
Learn important methods for all forms of planning:
- Client calls and conversations
- Participatory client assessment – helping clients understand long range needs from a comprehensive screen.
- Social Process tool – uncover client challenges and imbalances in their work
- Templates – co-management, contracting, evaluation.
Each session includes:
- Demonstration of participatory processes.
- Exploration of how the process can be applied.
- Examples from real experience that reveal practices that lead to success.
- Variations for different situations.
Thanks to the FCC I was able to listen well and re-design a planning exercise into a board development retreat that may turn into a few more facilitated events.
I just sat down with a facilitation client who was struggling to identify where the root of her problem statement was. We used the ECP triangle in the FCC course as the basis for discussion and it worked swimmingly.