Get key facilitation skills and prepare yourself for certification. Endorsed by the International Association of FacilitatorsToP Facilitation Essentials Program brochure
ToP Facilitation Essentials includes 6 days of study with lots of practice.
The Technology of Participation (ToP™) has been tried and tested worldwide as one of the most effective ways for getting participation and implementing solid results.
Learn how to assess the real and hidden needs of your client, focus stakeholder conversations that get really somewhere, lead workshops that generate consensus from any group, and hold meetings and design events that get results and everyone wants to attend.
Learn the competencies of the International Association of Facilitators: create collaborative client relationships, plan appropriate group processes, create and sustain participatory environments, guide groups to appropriate and useful outcomes, build and maintain professional knowledge, and model a positive professional attitude. After completing the program, you will require a competency-based assessment by the IAF to become a Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF).
Three courses can be taken all at once or spread out over a year or more. Meetings That Work can be taken at any time. The total fee is $2,868.00 plus HST, a 20% saving over individual course pricing.
Use the tool at right to register if you know your dates and locations. Call and register at 416-691-2316 if you want to select your dates later one by one.
In the ToP Facilitation Essentials Program you will learn how to:
- Understand and assess client needs as an internal or external facilitator.
- Hold conversations that focus teams and stakeholders on results.
- Build consensus and commitment to implement with any group.
- Lead meetings and events using best practices and dozens of tools and methods.
- Help teams articulate challenges and respond with creativity.
- Co-manage multi-session events.
Facilitators benefit from:
- Transferable skills, adding value in all work environments and professions.
- Lateral connections, creating links within and across units, departments and divisions.
- Vertical relationships, engendering respect at front line, management and director levels.
- Healthy workplaces, generating a positive atmosphere in every project.
- A learning lifestyle, understanding perspectives from within the whole organization.
Use of ICA’s ToP™ methods and other methods will contribute to your portfolio, preparing you for CPF assessment by the International Association of Facilitators.
ToP Facilitation Essentials covers all of the competencies required by the International Association of Facilitators. For more information on CPF certification, check the IAF website at www.iaf-world.org. The International Association of Facilitators has other programs and services you should consider.
ToP Facilitation Essentials is a quick way to prepare yourself with IAF competencies in preparation for certification.